Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 3 Nauvoo

Immeasurable faith.
We got up bright and early to get ready for the temple. Scott and the kids were able to do baptisms, while Chelsie and I toured Old Nauvoo a bit. Thank you Brother Huffaker for the family file names! We appreciate you so much!

Chelsie and I went to the brickyard, the wainwright, the blacksmith and the Seventies Hall.
She brought home souvenirs of a brick, a nail ring(prarie diamond), and a horseshoe. After they finished at the temple, which was Kelly's favorite part of the trip, we picked them up and continued to tour Nauvoo.

We went to the bakery, the printer shop, the Cultural Hall, the Visitors Center, grabbed an ox by the horn, rode on a horse pulled carriage to Inspiration Point, and went to the blacksmith again--that was Chelsie's favorite.

We ate at the Hotel Nauvoo buffet which was wonderful.
We then went to see Rendezvous in Nauvoo, which was put on by the senior missionaries, and was very funny! What a great day!

Just to be in Nauvoo and feel the spirit there was an incredible blessing. Our testimonies have been strengthened, our gratitude increased, and our love for one another has grown.

2 comments:

Hoskins Family said...

Love the Pictures in Nauvoo. I am so glad you made the trip! Glad you are home too!

Stacy said...

What a great family trip! I love all the pictures.