A certain travel site charged my credit card but didn't send the reservation through. So after being on the phone 5 times to thickly accented individuals who were obviously reading from a script, (please spell your name---April: A as in annoyed, p as in peeved, r as in rude, i as in imbecile, l as in look, you took my money and didn't give me my reservation!),
I finally got it straightened out. Then we tried to rebook, this time directly through the airline. Once again, a problem, this time my credit card blocked the charge. Only 1 phone call later, and that was straightened out. To someone who is afraid of flying this may seem like a bit of a bad omen. :) i.e. ME! I haven't flown for nearly 15 years. We're going back to Missouri for a week at the end of September. I'm so excited to see everyone and meet Baby Jack, and to show the kids where I grew up. We were going to go back at Christmastime, but has anyone seen how much they jack the prices up for a holiday? We're saving $900 by going now. And this way I only have 3 more weeks to worry about flying. The weather should be great, so we are already planning a float trip down a river. We also already have a scheduled appointment at the Nauvoo Temple which we're very excited about. Chelsie is looking forward to having a "nail" ring made at the local blacksmith. It will be a great trip, and hopefully I will have lots of pics to share, for it will be a busy and fun filled week.
On another note, yesterday we made the trek to Sherman Oaks, for we discovered they have a Yogurtland!!! It was yummy!



2 comments:
Sounds like it'll be a fun trip! That's annoying about your reservations nightmare! We are going to Hawaii in December and we will have to pay $15 per piece of luggage we check in (each way I believe). I hate that new rule! Also, in the last few months when three of my siblings have traveled, the airlines have lost a piece of their luggage, so that's something else we can look forward to. My bro is on a cruise in Alaska, the airline lost his luggage, so he had to board the ship without his stuff! Sad!
mmmmmmmmm...I'm going next time for sure!
Can't wait to see the trip pictures. You're going to have such a great time.
Post a Comment