Friday, November 7, 2008

Wow, thank you!!!


Thank you Christine for the huge compliment! Of course, most of the credit goes to Scott--the graffiti work was all his, and I still enjoy watching it everytime I open my blog! I love blogging, it is such a great and simple way to keep our friends and family close to us. Even though some of us are miles apart, blogging helps us feel like we are a part of the daily stuff, the things that make life wonderful! Blogging has a unique way of bonding people together, sometimes through wonderful events, other times through tragedy. I want to keep this award going by passing it on to 5 of my favorite blogs and here's why:


1. http://blog.cjanerun.com/ Many of you probably already read this blog, or have heard of it since her sister Stephanie Nielsen and her husband Christian were in a plane crash in August. CJane keeps updates on her sister's progress. I enjoy this blog immensely....she speaks from the heart, she tells it like it is, and the unity that has evolved from a tragedy is amazing. I feel strong and inspired by her words.

2. http://jodyferlaak.blogspot.com/ I stumbled onto this blog from someone's link. Jody is an amazing example. She has had more adversity in her lifetime that most of us will ever know. She can put a positive spin on just about anything. Her blog is uplifting and reminds me to try harder to be the best mother I can be.

3. http://stephaniehowell.typepad.com/my_weblog/ This gal is an amazing scrapbooker. Her blogging is straight from the heart. Her husband is fighting in Afghanistan right now and she shares her hopes, her day to day struggles, and her joys through her writing.

The first three blogs are not people that I know personally but count their blogs as daily reads. Picking only 2 more was really hard, do I give it to my sister because we love looking at pictures of baby Jack, or my brother--we love keeping up with his family and the house they are building, or one of my friends that have political rantings, or fabulous family trip pictures, or to my mom who I never thought would start a blog but loves it, or to old friends we have reconnected with, or friends that I just love seeing more insight into their lives? I love reading all the blog links I have posted on my list, but the last two awards go to:

4. http://daleenrae.blogspot.com/ Her blog is titled All Things Great and Small---that sums it up doesn't it. Life is made up of great and small accomplishments that bring us joy. I love that on Sundays she posts her Sunday Sampler, which always draws out positive points that help us to reflect on why we do what we do.

5. http://thesevenmowers.blogspot.com/ This blog is centered around family. Her summary talks about their busy crazy life with 5 kids. I love reading this blog and seeing the energy they have! If you need a reminder to enjoy life as it's happening give this blog a peek!

To each recipient, please pass this award along to 5 bloggers you love to read!

No comments: